Monday, January 4, 2010

Will I Ever Forget

Why do I still remember your lips? They are keeping me from moving on. Maybe if we didn't kiss that night, we would have went our seperate ways by now. Sleeping, or as if in a trance because of your wonderful aroma, I lay on your lap. You sat with your face glancing at the sky right before I dozed off. Crickets chirping, and singing their soft melody for themselves, it seemed as if they were singing for us. You looked up at the sky, I looked up at you, drifting in and out of sweet sleep. If I had not gotten hurt that night, I wouldnt have ran to you, and it wouldnt have happened. Maybe it shouldn't have. But it did. I lay on your lap, eyes closed. And then you kissed me. My eyes opened wide, your eyes closed, your hand on my face, lightly caressing my cheek. Was it real? Or all a dream? I quickly closed my eyes, losing myself in a kiss I had been waiting for for years. Finally. You kissed me. Maybe you shouldnt have. But you did. Your warm lips against my trembling lips taught me what to do. But I couldnt think. I was drawing a blank. It was just me, and you. I couldnt even understand what we were doing. Kissing...yes. But what were we doing? We cant kiss. We arent supposed to kiss. We arent allowed to kiss. It will make us like this. But we kissed anyways. I can hear this deep longing sound, light, soft, and tender, coming from your throat. I can feel the tip of your tongue tickling mine. What are we doing? I sealed the kiss with the locking of our lips...and departed back into my surreal sleep. Was this real? Yes, it was. But maybe it shouldnt have. This changed everything. It brought us closer and further. I wasnt yours and you weren't mine, but we belonged to eachother that moment on that bench. You shouldnt have had me for even a moment, but I had you too. Even though you would never want to admit it. I had you. And yet, when you aproached me, I swore I would never give in again. I promised the world that I would never let you kiss me. So much for promises. You vowed you would never love me. You said you would never need me. So much for vows. And so we kissed, many times more. Kissing turned into something more. But never everything. You just couldnt. Because I couldnt. Maybe because we shouldnt. And we didnt. You hurt me. You stepped all over me. I stepped all over you. Just to have eachother all over again? You ran your fingers through my hair. You whispered softly of change. We had all these plans. But we cant be. We arent supposed to be. We arent allowed to be. I climb on top of you. Holding you. Smiling, and telling you that I will never leave you, when I am walking away...Cuz you walked away. From me. I met you as a child. Waited for so long. From having it all in my hands, to having it taken away, in one day, with your mistake, on one corner. And yes, it stayed in my mind. Always will. But I cant forget your lips. Will you ever kiss me again? I cant forget your hands. Will you ever touch me again? And all your words. Will you ever lie again? And your promises. Will you ever promise to be mine?...Will I ever believe you.......

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. babe i love this
    parts (esp the end) sound really poetic
    and I'm glad you got this out..

    ReplyDelete