Remember those cold winter days.
When the snow would gently fall on the cracked pavements,
Making the cars and streets so peaceful?
Remember how I would try to get all my work done,
Just so I can go spend time with you?
Or when I used to come over,
Finger tips frozen, lips shivering, wearing layer after layer of sweater.
You awaiting with a hot cup of coffee,
Fixed up Just how I love it. Just like I loved you.
And we cuddle on the couch, keeping each other warm
Talking about the past, present, and more importantly future?
And as time would go by, and conversations persisted,
Layer after layer of sweaters would pile up on the floor.
We'd get closer, hoping not to get caught.
Hoping nobody would open those doors and see us looking
At each other the way we do. Because we knew they wouldn't understand?
Remember talking about leaving everyone behind,
Starting our own lives.
That seems crazy now.
Or what about how we used to waste our time,
Pillow Fighting, and tickling each other. Till one of us would cry.
It would always be me. Remember that?
And remember our last kiss? It felt just like the first kiss.
Tasted just like it too. Only Bitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment