Saturday, December 12, 2009

Free

I have rebelled against your reign,
Stepped away unusually whole.
I freed myself from hurt and pain,
Wont play that "helpless" role.

I'm strong and powerful inside,
At least that is what you will see.
I have detoured from this horror ride,
And so I MUST walk proud and free.

I'm no longer on a leash or chain,
At least not leashed by you.
I'm gonna walk myself through rain,
Just so I can say "I did it without you."

Everytime I think of us apart,
At times we are marked with regret.
It leaves this feel of bitter and tart,
'Cuz you're so different from when we met.

I don't need your ruthless glare,
Or your sweet and blissful kiss.
Or the way my heart would tear,
Because I knew we'd end like this.

I wanted your hurt,
I settled for the pain.
You promised me a prince,
But he just never came.

Well maybe he came,
But he never stayed.
I just couldn't tame,
As he laughed and he played.

Now YOUR in Love,
You say you need me,
I sure as hell felt needed
When you said you'd live without me

Or how you told me to die,
So you could not feel,
I guess I've been dead,
Because your emotions are unreal.

I walk alone and proud,
At least thats what you will see,
I'll blend in with your croud,
Cuz you wont distinguish between you and me.

It's not that I dont love you,
Those feelings stay right here.
It's just that life has tought me,
Something very clear.

Never love what was lost,
You lost yourself before you lost me
Now I walk proud like you,
Cuz I lost myself so I can be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment